About the Firm
Experienced Wake Forest Attorney Mediates Your Divorce
Highly professional services from a passionate family lawyer
Divorce can be a difficult legal and emotional process, especially if you get locked into an adversarial contest. You know you want to focus on your future, but squabbling over issues gets you sidetracked, and pretty soon you’re feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and maybe a little hopeless. Fortunately, you have the option to pursue a divorce settlement through mediation. Mediation is a cooperative, nonbinding process of dispute resolution that generally saves couples time, expense and stress. At the Eatmon Law Firm, PC, in Wake Forest, I provide divorce and family law mediation services to people throughout Wake, Durham, Franklin and Granville counties as well as legal counsel for parties who are engaged in mediation. Drawing on more than a decade of legal experience and specialized training, I offer reliable guidance and emotional support throughout the process.
Choosing the right attorney for your family law mediation
If you are considering mediation for a family law matter, you should understand that not all mediators are licensed attorneys and not all attorneys are skilled at mediation. Having served as a mediator as well as legal counsel to parties in mediation, I have an informed perspective that benefits my clients. When you retain my services, you get an attorney mediator who is:
- Reputable — Over more than 10 years of legal practice, I have built a strong reputation for knowledge, skill and client service. From 2012 through 2015, I was named to the North Carolina Rising Stars list, and in 2017 and 2018, I was selected to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list. I was also named among the Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Further recognition by colleagues familiar with my work has led to my earning an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for ethics and professionalism.
- Qualified — I am a North Carolina board-certified family law specialist, a family financial mediator certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission, an experienced court-appointed parenting coordinator for high-conflict custody cases, and a volunteer guardian ad litem in Franklin and Granville counties.
- Trustworthy — I am deeply concerned with achieving settlements that serve the interests of all parties, bring parties together, and stand the test of time. I know such agreements are only possible in an atmosphere of trust, where all participants’ rights are honored and their voices are heard.
For trusted counsel that is truly concerned with your best interests, contact me for an initial consultation.
Areas of Practice
Full range of family law mediation services
If you are facing a serious family law issue, mediation
may be the most positive method for resolving it. I provide mediation services for:
- Uncontested divorce — If you and your spouse basically agree on the need to dissolve your marriage and how to resolve your various issues, you can use the mediation process to forge a marital settlement agreement. If you settle all issues successfully, your divorce will be uncontested.
- Complex divorce — If you have a large marital estate or strong disagreements on how to raise your children, you may think you have to settle your contentious issues in court. However, mediation can be an efficient process to settle tough issues like alimony, child custody, child support and the division of property without going to trial. You may not get a complete resolution to your complex divorce, but if you resolve one or two points of contention, you will reduce the time and expense of your trial.
- Post-divorce conflicts — If you have problems implementing your parenting plan, especially after substantial changes in your life, mediation can be a better option than going back to court.
There are numerous advantages to family law mediation. But to get the greatest benefit from the process, be sure to choose the right mediator and the right attorney to take you through the process.
Contact a reputable North Carolina family law mediation attorney in Wake Forest
If you are considering mediation for your divorce, a child custody dispute, or some other family law issue, the Eatmon Law Firm, PC is ready to help. Call me at 919-670-5566 or contact my office online
to schedule a consultation. My Wake Forest office is located at 1788 Heritage Center Drive, and Saturday and evening appointments are available.